All WakeWare laptops have four years of extended warranty and Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) that covers drops, spills, cracked screens, and more. In the event your WakeWare laptop is in need of repairs, our Service Desk guarantees a loaner laptop for WakeWare students while your laptop is in for service on campus.
WakeWare Lenovos are bundled with Lenovo Premier Support
What is Lenovo Premier Support?
Lenovo Premier Support is Lenovo’s top of the line support and warranty service. This Premier Support includes four years of warranty and accidental damage protection, with unlimited repairs during the warranty period.
If you are in need of repair and on campus, our Wake Forest Tech Shop is certified to repair your laptop.
Having Premier Support means you have access to 24/7/365 advanced technical support. All Lenovo WakeWare laptops will have a sticker on the bottom of the laptop with the Support line information if ever away from campus needing assistance.
What does Lenovo Premier Support Cover?
Lenovo Premier Support covers:
- Liquid spills on or in the laptop
- Drops, falls, and other collisions
- Electrical surge
- Damaged or broken LCD due to an accident
What does Lenovo Premier Support NOT Cover?
Lenovo Premier Support does NOT cover:
- Batteries, light bulbs, memory disks, wire connections, AC adapters, carrying cases, or the digitizer pen.
- Software and virus issues are not covered (Please visit the Wake Forest Service Desk if you have software or virus issues)
- Normal wear and tear
- Cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, cracks that do not affect the machine functionality)
- Damage from abuse, misuses, or unauthorized modification
- Theft, loss, damage from fire, flood, natural disaster, war, terrorism, acts of God or other events outside the reasonable control of the part
WakeWare Apples are bundled with Safeware
What is Safeware?
Safeware is a leading provider of product protection and extended warranty solutions.
Safeware has a “Limit of Liability,” meaning your laptop is only covered for four years or until the cost of repairs exceeds the total cost of the laptop. For example, if you purchase a $2000 laptop with 4 years of Safeware insurance and require $600 of repairs, you have $1400 of Safeware coverage remaining during the four year term of coverage.
What does Safeware cover?
- Safeware coverage includes all mechanical and electrical breakdowns that the manufacturer covers, once the 1-year manufacturer’s warranty period has ended.
- Safeware covers all power surges and AC adapter issues.
- Accidental Damage Protection is included in all Safeware coverage. Vendor coverage, such as AppleCare, does not cover accidental damage. Accidental drops, spills, and cracked screens are all covered under Safeware!
- Batteries are only covered due to accidental damage or corrosion, but are not covered due to excessive usage and natural consumption. However, consumed batteries that are diagnosed at the same time as another damage or failure claim will be repaired!
- Four years of theft protection.* If your laptop is stolen within this time, you pay a $100 deposit and Safeware will completely replace your laptop without affecting your remaining coverage. You will be required to submit a police report and pay a $100 deductible for each theft incident.
*full term theft protection is included in plans purchased after May 2020.
What does Safeware NOT cover?
- Anything under the manufacturer’s warranty, if the laptop is still under an active manufacturer warranty period (typically 1 year from date of purchase).
- Software and virus issues.
- Liquid damage and collisions in the event of a natural disaster, such as a flood or earthquake.
- Intentional damage or destruction, such as neglect, misuse, vandalism, etc.
- Power adapters and normal consumption of a device battery.
What is the difference between Safeware and AppleCare+
For a similar cost, Safeware covers your laptop for four years, while AppleCare+ is only for three years. AppleCare+ also has deductibles ranging from $100 – $300 and you are only limited to two accidental damage incidents. With Safeware, there are no deductibles (excluding theft) and there is no limit on the number of accidents, just as long as the cost of repairs do not exceed the total cost of the laptop. Additionally, Safeware is equipped with four years of theft protection.*
*As of May 1, 2020, Safeware includes full-term theft protection coverage. Prior to May 1, 2020, Safeware only included 1 year of theft protection beginning from the purchase date.
Unsure of which warranty coverage is bundled with your WakeWare laptop?
WakeWare changes its product lineup and warranty coverage each year to ensure our students have access to the best coverage available.