All WakeWare laptops, covered by SafeWare protection, have four years of extended warranty, and accidental damage protection (ADP) that covers drops, spills, cracked screens, and more.
In the event your WakeWare laptop is in need of repairs, our Service Desk guarantees a loaner laptop for WakeWare students while your laptop is in for service on campus. Students off-campus should contact the Service Desk to inquire about the availability of a loaner device, if needed. Loaner laptops cannot be shipped internationally.
Learn about your coverage
WakeWare Apples & Surfaces are bundled with Safeware
What is Safeware?
Safeware is a leading provider of product protection and extended warranty solutions.
Safeware has a “Limit of Liability,” meaning your laptop is only covered for four years or until the cost of repairs exceeds the total cost of the laptop. For example, if you purchase a $2000 laptop with 4 years of Safeware insurance and require $600 of repairs, you have $1400 of Safeware coverage remaining during the four year term of coverage.
What does Safeware cover?
- Safeware coverage includes all mechanical and electrical breakdowns that the manufacturer covers, once the 1-year manufacturer’s warranty period has ended.
- Safeware covers all power surges and AC adapter issues.
- Accidental Damage Protection is included in all Safeware coverage. Vendor coverage, such as AppleCare, does not cover accidental damage. Accidental drops, spills, and cracked screens are all covered under Safeware!
- Batteries are only covered due to accidental damage or corrosion, but are not covered due to excessive usage and natural consumption. However, consumed batteries that are diagnosed at the same time as another damage or failure claim will be repaired!
NOTE: full term theft protection was included in plans purchased between May 2020 and May 2023. After May 2023, if you would like to add theft coverage to your new device, please visit the Bookstore.
What does Safeware NOT cover?
- Anything under the manufacturer’s warranty, if the laptop is still under an active manufacturer warranty period (typically 1 year from date of purchase).
- Software and virus issues.
- Liquid damage and collisions in the event of a natural disaster, such as a flood or earthquake.
- Intentional damage or destruction, such as neglect, misuse, vandalism, etc.
- Power adapters and normal consumption of a device battery.
What is the difference between Safeware and AppleCare+?
For a similar cost, Safeware covers your laptop for four years, while AppleCare+ is only for three years. AppleCare+ also has deductibles ranging from $100 – $300 and you are only limited to two accidental damage incidents. With Safeware, there are no deductibles and there is no limit on the number of accidents, just as long as the cost of repairs do not exceed the total cost of the laptop.
Knowing About Your Coverage
When you enroll in Safeware, you will receive a copy of your coverage paperwork. You will also receive a 1-year renewal notification e-mailed to the same e-mail, with an option to purchase another year of coverage.
You will receive 3 expiration notifications; 1 at 45 days prior to coverage expiration, one at 30 days prior to expiration, and a final one at 5 days prior expiration.
Unsure of which warranty coverage is bundled with your WakeWare laptop?
WakeWare changes its product lineup and warranty coverage each year to ensure our students have access to the best coverage available.
Home | About | Models | Technology Grants | Warranty Coverage | I Already Have a Wakeware Laptop