Information Systems is pleased to announce that access to Gartner Core Research is now easier than ever. Learn more on our web page.
Google recently announced new built-in security features for its Gmail customers to combat malware in attachments and to improve early detection of phishing attempts. Read more from Google:
Parents, families, friends, and guests – welcome to Wake Forest University for the Spring 2017 Commencement Weekend. Information Systems would like to provide some helpful information:
Guests may join the open WFUguest network anywhere on campus without using a password. Wireless coverage is available outdoors on both Hearn and Manchester Plazas.
Technical support is available on graduation day from 9:30am-5pm at the Service Desk, located in the ZSR Library. Have a question? Feel free to give us a call at (336) 758-4357.
Purchasing or Returning the ThinkPad
Monday, May 15, 2017 is the deadline for a student to return or purchase their ThinkPad laptop. If a student chooses to return the ThinkPad, follow the steps on this page – then bring the ThinkPad and power adapter to the Service Desk (located in the ZSR Library).
Software, such as the Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office, must be downloaded by the end of day on May 15, 2017.
A live webcast of Commencement 2017 is available to stream here. The webcast is also broadcast over the campus cable TV network on channel 80-1.
For guests who have difficulty tolerating outdoor temperatures, a live feed of the Commencement ceremony will be available in Pugh Auditorium, located on the second floor of Benson University Center. Commencement ceremony tickets are required for admission to Pugh and space is limited.
Check out the latest models offered by Information Systems for the 2017-2018 computing year – 2 laptops, 2 convertible tablets, and a desktop are available to suit a variety of users’ needs.
Eligible users must make a selection by May 17, 2017. Faculty and staff are eligible for a new computer every 4 years.
Questions? Please reach out to Barbara Lardin at email@example.com or (336) 758-5654
Beginning Wednesday, April 26, 2017, Information Systems will begin a weeklong phased automated deployment of Code42 CrashPlan to Wake Forest-owned desktop and laptop computers used by faculty and staff. CrashPlan is an automated, continuous, online backup solution for data stored on your WFU-owned computer.
What are the benefits of CrashPlan?
- It protects your data from hardware failures, malware, viruses, etc.
- It backs up your data automatically, every 15 minutes. CrashPlan runs silently in the background.
- You can restore data quickly and easily to a previous point in time, or restore your data to a different computer.
- It backs up your user profile folder which contains the default storage location of your documents, music, photos, etc.
- It allows you to load your data to your new computer after a faculty/staff exchange.
What do I need to do?
- When installation is complete, you will see an icon appear on your system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
- For Windows users, your data will start backing up automatically. You don’t need to do anything.
- For Mac users, to initiate the backup process, click on the icon and login with your WFU username and password. Once logged in, your data will start backing up.
Where can I get more information about CrashPlan?
Information Systems is pleased to announce the launch of outdoor wireless computing coverage on Hearn and Manchester Plazas. The new outdoor connectivity is accessible to all students, faculty, staff and campus guests!
The new outdoor coverage:
- Supports Wi-Fi enabled devices like computers, smartphones and tablets
- Provides seamless Wi-Fi connectivity between campus buildings and the Plazas
- Allows secure access by peer-institution guests through eduroam
As Spring and the end of the semester approaches, you can now use outdoor wireless on Hearn and Manchester Plazas to:
- Conduct classes and club meetings outside
- Study with friends on the lawn
- Enjoy collaborating with others in the fresh air
- Relax, listen to music, browse the internet using wireless access, not your cellular data