Securely connect and collaborate from anywhere! Google Meet allows you to:
- Enjoy easy-to-join video-calls with no downloaded client or plugin required.
- Chat with your colleagues or fellow students, start a virtual meeting, or live stream.
- Reduce background noise and blur your background.
- Record your video meeting and save it with unlimited cloud recording.
- Caption your meeting to better support your audience. Please note, captions are machine-generated, not recordable, and are currently only available in English.
- Share your screen to present documents, slides, and more.
- Create more interactive meetings utilizing Polls, Q&A, Breakout Rooms, and Whiteboards.
Google Meet is available for all Wake Forest faculty, students, and staff.
Available from the Google App launcher or download the app for your mobile device.
Using Google Meet at Wake
A Google Meet video conference can be created directly from Google Calendar, Gmail, meet.google.com, or Google Meet mobile apps. Meet meetings can have up to 250 participants and supports a tile layout of up to 49 users. Meeting participants can present a desktop, application window, or just a Chrome tab and automatically save recorded video meetings to Google Drive. These recordings are automatically shared with attendees on the calendar invite.
Security Best Practices
Wfu.edu attendees can join with their WFU Google account. For meetings scheduled through Google Calendar, non-WFU users (with a Google account) invited to a meeting can join directly. Non-WFU users not named on a calendar invite are placed into a waiting room where the meeting host can allow or deny meeting entry. Even with this setting, do not share your meeting link on social media or other public forums, as doing so will publicize your meeting to potential abusers. For further information on security and privacy best practices for video conferencing, visit this AskDeac Help Article.