On Thursday, March 21, Information Systems hosted the 8th annual TechXploration! TechXploration provides members of our campus community a unique opportunity to share and see the many ways that technology is being incorporated into the classroom.
Each of the 30+ presentations were unique to a specific topic and incorporated posters, technology, videos, activities, and lots of engaging conversation! For 3 hours, approximately 200 faculty, students and staff interacted with one another, learning more about each other, both professionally and personally. Presenters and attendees engaged in animated conversations regarding the positive aspects and challenges encountered when using technology to enhance teaching, learning, and scholarship. Knowledge was gained, ideas were developed, and information was shared.
Several new features were incorporated into TechXploration and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive!
- Three keynote speakers were added, each providing valuable insight on topics such as the WakerSpace, Digital Storytelling and the Flipped Classroom. Attendees enjoyed the sessions and provided encouraging feedback on how to improve the process.
- A TechXploration webpage was available to view some basic information about the event. We plan to make better use of this site next year by providing advance notice of presenters and keynote speakers to assist attendees in planning their time at the event.
- The TechXploration team incorporated technology into the registration process by utilizing a wireless scanner. The scanner brought a smile to many faces as attendees no longer had to complete a form to be registered to win one of four door prizes.
- Yes, there were 4 door prizes this year, giving attendees more opportunities to win!
- A 5 question survey was sent to presenters and attendees the day after the event to solicit thoughts and insight. Responses have been thoughtful, supportive and kind and we appreciate each and every one of them!
The TechXploration team will be meeting to review all the feedback received via the survey and will begin to strategize on incorporating new ideas into TechXploration. Just like technology, TechXploration will continue to evolve to address the needs and interests of our campus community. We look forward to seeing returning and new faces at TechXploration 2020!