Students! The following is a reminder about the University-wide initiative to better protect Wake Forest University user accounts and reduce the risk for security breaches. The University-wide initiative requires all students to set-up Google 2-Step Verification for their university accounts by March 12, 2018. Read the email sent to campus on September 13, 2017.
Many of you have already set up Google 2-Step Verification. We thank you! A drawing for cool technology prizes will be held for all students who set up Google 2-Step Verification before the deadline! If you have not done so, here is what you need to know:
How to enable Google 2-Step Verification
There are multiple ways to get help:
- Events are planned at locations around campus to assist you in setting up Google 2-Step Verification. See the schedule below. Also check your campus mailbox and dining hall tables for a promotional card.
- Tuesday, 1/23, 1-3p – Benson 3rd Floor Rotunda
- Wednesday, 1/31, 1-3p – Reynolda Green Room
- Tuesday, 2/6, 1-3p – Farrell Hall, 117, Bitove Lounge
- Wednesday, 2/14, 1-3p – Benson Vendor Tables 1 & 2
- Tuesday, 2/20, 1-3p – Worrell Hall, Commons hallway
- Wednesday, 2/28, 1-3p – Wake Downtown Main Lobby
- Instructions and frequently asked questions can be found at https://is.wfu.edu/services/2-
- Assistance is offered at the Information Systems Service Desk. Stop by or contact them at 336-758-4357 (HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After Monday, March 12, 2018, if Google 2-Step Verification is not set up on your university account, you will be unable to log into your WFU Google account. If you cannot access your WFU Google account, you will need to contact the Information Systems Service Desk.