Wake Forest uses an encryption standard WPA2 Enterprise that many devices do not support such as Xbox and PlayStation devices. In order to connect these types of devices through the wireless system, please follow the instructions below. Only standard WFU accounts can add devices.
** Registered devices will expire after ten months. After that point, you will need to re-register the MAC address will the same steps below.
- Sign on to the My Devices Portal with your deacnet username and password
- Select Add
- Add the Device Name
- Add the MAC address of the device
** The device may show that it is pending, this does not prevent the device from connecting to the wireless network.
- Connect your wireless device to the WFUmydevices network, it may take up to 2 minutes after adding your device before you have internet access.
The following devices are not able to connect to the WFUmydevices network:
- Wireless (non-Bluetooth) Speakers
- Personal Wireless Printers