Unlocking a computer using a recovery key
The following screen will be the first of two screens displayed if your computer is unable to boot-up and needs the recovery key.
Once you press the “Enter” key, a second screen will appear.
You will need to write down the first eight characters of the “Recovery Key ID” that appear on your computer screen (the above is only an example). These eight characters are the Recovery Key ID needed to retrieve your new recovery key.
Retrieve your new recovery key using the following steps
- Using a computer or device (including mobile devices) other than the computer requesting the recovery key, open a browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Log in to the MBAM Self Service Console
- Enter the eight digits of the Recovery Key ID
- Select the appropriate reason you need to recovery your key
- Press “Get Key” to retrieve the key
- Enter the BitLocker Recovery Key on the computer requesting the recovery key
If for any reason you are unable to complete the boot-up process after entering your recovery key, please contact the Information Systems Service Desk at email@example.com or 336-758-4357 (HELP).