Set WFU Gmail as default mail client in Chrome or Firefox
Sometimes when you click a mailto link in a web browser, it will attempt to open in default mail client such as Outlook or Mail. Follow these steps to change this:
- Log in to your WFU email by visiting google.wfu.edu in Chrome. There should be an icon that looks like 2 overlapping diamonds in the address bar of your WFU Gmail window.
- Left-click the icon.
- Select Allow mail.google.com to open all email links.
If the two overlapping diamonds do not appear, you can change your Chrome default mailto handler in settings:
- Go to Settings
- Search for “Handlers”
- Click on Content Settings
- Scroll down to “Handlers” and Allow sites to ask to become default mail handlers for protocols
- Complete the steps at the top of these instructions
- Log in to your WFU email by visiting google.wfu.edu in Firefox
- Go to Firefox preferences
- Navigate to the Applications section
- Modify the mailto content type to “Use Gmail”