Scanning Channels on your TV
After hooking up the coax cable, your TV still won’t work! You must scan for channels.
The channel scan process is simple, but varies between manufacturer and model.
- First, ensure that the TV is in Cable mode, instead of Air or Antenna (these modes are for “bunny ears,” not cable TV).
- Some TVs will ask what kind of cable channel scan you want to do. Choose Cable STD (Cable Standard) if given the option – do no select HRC or IRC.
- If prompted, choose to scan for digital channels.
- The channel scan will take approximately 5-30 minutes, depending on the TV.
- After the scan completes, you should see channels 3.1 through 73.2.
Here’s an example of how to scan channels on an LG TV. To find more information on your specific model, simply Google search “your-model” channel scan.