How to find your MAC address on popular devices – WFU IS
How to find your MAC address on popular devices
- Go to the main menu on your Apple TV, and select “Settings.”
- In the Settings Menu, select “About.”
- Here you can find your MAC Address listed as the “Wireless ID”
- Press the “Menu” button on your controller.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- MAC address will be listed next to Wireless MAC on the right hand side of the screen.
- Turn on your Playstation 4 without any disk in the drive and wait for the menu to pop up.
- Navigate to the “Settings” icon (located on the far left).
- Select the “System” icon under the Settings menu.
- You will see your MAC address listed on this screen, containing letters and numbers in the format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.
- From the Home screen, press Up to make the Menu Bar appear.
- Select Settings.
- Select Player Info.
- From the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s home screen, scroll down to “Settings”.
- Next, scroll to the right and select “System”.
- Next, Scroll down to and select “About”.
- Next, Scroll down to “Network”. Your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s MAC Address will be listed on the right in the format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.
- (Applies to: New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS)
- Go to the Wii Channel
- Select Wii Options (round button in the bottom left corner of the screen with the word Wii on it)
- Wii Settings (second page)
- Select Internet
- Select Console Information
- The first line will have the MAC Address
- Start the PlayStation 3 with no disc inserted
- Select the System Settings icon and push the “X” button
- Select System Information and push the “X” button
- The third line will be the MAC Address
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to My Xbox (select the Xbox logo on the controller) > Settings > System Settings
- Select Network Settings
- Select Wired Network or Wireless Network based on your connection to the internet
- Once you are in the correct network tab, Select Configure Network > Additional Settings > Advanced Settings
- The 12 digit MAC address will be listed at the bottom of the screen
- Unfortunately Chromecast is not supported on our network at this time.
Wireless (non-Bluetooth) Speakers
- Unfortunately WiFi-enabled wireless speakers are not supported on our network at this time. Connect to your device using Bluetooth.
- Unfortunately WiFi-enabled printers are not supported on our network at this time. Connect your device using physical cable or consider using on-campus printing solutions.
Was this article helpful?