Hard Reset for Lenovo X1 Carbon
As you troubleshoot the X1 Carbon, you may encounter an issue where the laptop will not power on or boot Windows properly. Try the following steps:
- Verify the computer is completely shut down – depress the power button for 10 seconds. Make sure power adapter is unplugged.
- Use a paperclip, toothpick, or other small object to depress the Reset Button (you will feel a slight click) found in the hole to the bottom-right of the main fan exhaust on the bottom of the system.
- After 5 seconds remove the tool you used to depress the Reset Button.
- Plug power adapter back into the ThinkPad.
- Press the power button to start the computer normally.