Gmail and Drive Data Transfer via Google Takeout
Google Takeout allows you to easily transfer Gmail and Google Drive data through an automated process. This process will transfer Gmail labels/folders and keeps Google Drive in your current folder structure.
- While logged into your @wfu.edu account, go to https://takeout.google.com/transfer.
- Enter your @alumni.wfu.edu or @gmail.com email address in Step 1. Click SEND CODE.
- While logged into your @alumni.wfu.edu or @gmail.com account, click the Get confirmation code button from the Verify your account email.
- Copy the verification code provided and paste it in Step 2 on the Transfer your content screen. Click VERIFY.
- Select what you would like to transfer from @wfu.edu to your @alumni.wfu.edu or @gmail.com. You can choose Drive and/or Gmail. Click START TRANSFER.
- You will receive an email at both email addresses letting you know that the transfer has officially started. You will also receive an email once it has completed.
**If you are using a personal @gmail.com, you may get the following error message:
Destination account doesn’t have enough storage for this transfer – Upgrade storage
An @alumni.wfu.edu account is provided with unlimited storage like your @wfu.edu account, so this may be the better choice, if available to you, depending on how much storage you utilize in your @wfu.edu Google Drive. Please visit alumni.wfu.edu/stay-connected/alumni-gmail for more information about @alumni.wfu.edu accounts.