Transfer WFU Gmail and Drive data to a personal Gmail account
Google Takeout allows you to easily transfer WFU Gmail and Google Drive data through an automated process. This process will transfer Gmail labels/folders and keeps Google Drive in your current folder structure.
- While logged into your @wfu.edu account, go to https://takeout.google.com/transfer.
- Enter your @alumni.wfu.edu or @gmail.com email address in Step 1. Click SEND CODE.
- While logged into your @alumni.wfu.edu or @gmail.com account, click the Get confirmation code button from the Verify your account email.
- Enter the verification code provided in Step 2 on the Transfer your content screen. Click VERIFY.
- Select what you would like to transfer from @wfu.edu to your @alumni.wfu.edu or @gmail.com. You can choose Drive and/or Gmail. Click START TRANSFER.
- You will receive an email at both email addresses letting you know that the transfer has officially started. You will also receive an email once it has completed.
Note, if you are using a personal @gmail.com, you may get the following error message:
Destination account doesn’t have enough storage for this transfer – Upgrade storage
An @alumni.wfu.edu account is provided with unlimited storage like your @wfu.edu account. If available, this may be the better choice depending on how much storage you utilize in your @wfu.edu Google Drive. Please visit alumni.wfu.edu/stay-connected/alumni-gmail for more information about @alumni.wfu.edu accounts.