Connect to a file share using a Mac
File shares may be accessed by faculty and staff using an on-campus internet connection or VPN if a user is off-campus. File shares are not accessible on mobile devices.
File shares must be added using an IP address.
- From the Finder, type Command+K
- Enter the path to the network drive you want to map, for example smb://10.4.6.5/. Click Connect.
- admin2: 10.4.13.4
- acad1: 10.4.6.5
- acfiles: 10.1.16.7
- Enter your WFU login credentials and click OK
- Specify the volume (folder) you wish to mount
- The drive is now mounted. To have it remain mounted after a reboot do the following:
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Click on Users and Groups
- Click on Login Items
- Click on the + button to add another login item
- Locate the network drive volume you previously mounted and click Add