Google 2-Step Verification for Accounts with Multiple Users (Part 1)
These instructions are intended for Wake Forest guest accounts accessed by multiple users.
Enable Google 2-Step Verification (G2SV)
Google accounts require G2SV and need to be linked to a mobile or office phone number to enable verification.
- Login to your WFU Google Mail at google.wfu.edu.
- In the top-right corner, click on the Google Apps launcher icon () and click My Account.
- Click Security from the menu on the left.
- Under the “Signing in to Google” panel, click 2-Step Verification.
- Click GET STARTED.
- Enter the guest account password, then click Sign In.
- Enter the phone number of a mobile device or nearby landline to begin. Choose to receive your initial 6 digit code via text or phone call, then click NEXT.
- Enter the 6 digit code that is sent to you into the space provided and click NEXT.
- Once you get the message that it was successful, click TURN ON.
- On the next window, choose SET UP under Authenticator app.
- Choose between Android or iPhone and click NEXT.
- Click the CAN’T SCAN IT? link
- You will be provided with a long key. Save this key, as it will be required to use the Google Authenticator app for this account. If you do not save this key and need it in the future, you will have to delete the Authenticator app setting and add it again. Click NEXT.
- Once installed, open the Google Authenticator app and press BEGIN SETUP. Select Manual Entry.
- Type in the full guest account email address and type the key that was generated. Touch the checkmark in the top right corner of the app.
- You will now be presented with the first 6-digit code in the Google Authenticator app (the code will reset every 30 seconds.) Type this code into the Set up Authenticator verification screen. Click VERIFY.
Send the key above to everyone that will need to access this account along with the following set of instructions: Google 2-Step Verification for Accounts with Multiple Users (Part 2)