Setting Up Google 2-Step Verification for Guest Accounts with multiple users
Enable Google 2-Step Verification
Guest Accounts will be required to enable G2SV and will need to be linked to one phone number (cell or office number) in order to initially enable.
Login to your WFU Google Mail (google.wfu.edu).
- Click Sign-in & security.
- Scroll down and click 2-Step Verification.
- Click GET STARTED.
- Enter your password, then click Sign In.
- Enter the phone number of a nearby landline or mobile device to begin. Choose to receive your initial 6 digit code via Text message or Phone call, then click NEXT. (There are additional options available after the initial setup is complete that do not require call/text.)
- You will then be provided a 6 digit code via a text message or phone call, which you must enter into the space provided. Click NEXT.
- Once you get the message that it was successful, click TURN ON.
- On the final window, choose SET UP for Authenticator app.
- Choose between Android or iPhone and click NEXT.
- Click CAN’T SCAN IT?
- You will be provided with a long key. It is recommended to save this key, as it will be required to add additional users later to use the Google Authenticator app. If you do not save this key and need it in the future, you will have to remove it from G2SV settings and all users will need a new key. Click NEXT.
- Once installed, open the Google Authenticator app and press BEGIN SETUP.
- Type in the full Guest Account email address and type/paste the Key that was given above. Press the checkmark in the upper-right corner of app.
- You will now be presented with the first 6-digit code in the Google Authenticator app (the code will reset every 30 seconds), type this code into the Set up Authenticator verification screen. Click VERIFY.
Send the key from above to all the users that will need to access this Guest Account along with the following set of instructions: Setting Up G2SV Google Authenticator app for Guest Accounts