Exchange and Training Classes – Windows
New computers will be distributed to eligible faculty and staff between July 25 and August 31, 2017. To ensure a successful transition to your new computer, please complete the following tasks:
1. Register for a class to exchange your computer
Information Systems will provide a short training class to get you acquainted with your computer and answer any questions you may have. Please register at your convenience by choosing a Computer Exchange and Training Class (Apple or Windows).
If you are a user receiving or exchanging a new desktop computer, an ITG or IS representative will reach out to schedule delivery and setup. Feel free to register and attend a class for training on the Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office 2016.
2. Decide on an unassisted or assisted data transfer
Worried that your critical data might not make it over to your new computer? We can help! This year there are two options for transferring data:
Unassisted Data Transfer
- Keep your old computer until class time by backing up your data, then simply bring your old computer to class to receive your new computer.
- Not sure how to back up your data? Visit the Data Backup & Restore page to learn about your options.
- Please note, with this option you will be responsible for restoring your data to your new computer.
Assisted Data Transfer
- Tell us you’d like assistance by providing your name and the training date you’ve chosen on this form.
- Next, print and fill out this document and bring it with your old computer to the Service Desk at The Bridge in ZSR Library between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. the day of training, and we will back up and transfer your Wake Forest University-related data (up to 150GB) for you.
- Your new computer will be ready for you by the start of class.
- Please note, computers must be dropped off by 9:30 a.m. in order to ensure that data is transferred by class time.
3. Attend your Computer Exchange and Training Class at the scheduled time
You must personally pick up your new computer. Information Systems will not release new computers to anyone other than the recipient. Please bring your Wake Forest ID.
We will assist you with setting up your new computer and can answer any questions you may have.
4. Visit Software@WFU to install additional campus software
Software@WFU is our easy to use site for downloading software on WFU computers. Faculty and staff have access to a suite of software including Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia, Zotero, and more!