Part of our maintenance, we will be roll-updating DEAC to RHEL6 update 8. The starting point is Head-Node 3 on Wednesday June 15, 2016. Please test you programs on this head-node once the update is complete!
- 6/15: Update Kernel on HEAD-NODE 3 (COMPLETED on 6/15)
- 7/15: Update Kernel on HEAD-NODE 1, BC01 & UCS-2 Chassis (COMPLETED on 7/15)
- 7/18: Update Kernel on HEAD-NODE 2, BC02 & UCS-3 Chassis (COMPLETED on 7/18)
- 7/21: Update Kernel on HEAD-NODE 4, BC08 & UCS-10 Chassis (COMPLETED on 7/21)
- 7/25: Update Kernel on BC04 & UCS-5 Chassis (COMPLETED on 7/25)
- 7/28: Update Kernel on BC05 & UCS-6 Chassis (COMPLETED on 7/28)
- 8/12: Update Kernel on BC07 & UCS-8 Chassis (COMPLETED on 8/12)
- 8/15: Update Kernel on BC03 & UCS-4 Chassis (COMPLETED on 8/15)
- 8/17: Update Kernel on BC09 & UCS-11 Chassis (COMPLETED on 8/17)
- 8/18: Update Kernel on BC06 & UCS-7 Chassis (COMPLETED on 8/18)
- 8/19: Update Kernel on BC10 & GPU-Nodes Chassis (COMPLETED on 8/19)
- 8/22: Update Kernel on BC11 & BC12 Chassis (COMPLETED on 8/22)
- 8/23: Update Kernel on BC13 & BC14 Chassis (COMPLETED on 8/23)
What to Expect
Head-Node 3 will be updated to the new kernel Red-Hat 6 version 8. We will allocate 30 days to test your programs on this head-node in case any updates affect your program(s) & execution. After 30 days, we will begin to roll-update DEAC nodes at the indicated days for the rest of the summer.
The head-nodes will be roll-updated as well. Please be careful when you log in on those days!!. You will lose connectivity on the head-nodes during their scheduled update dates.