Beginning Wednesday, April 26, 2017, Information Systems will begin a weeklong phased automated deployment of Code42 CrashPlan to Wake Forest-owned desktop and laptop computers used by faculty and staff. CrashPlan is an automated, continuous, online backup solution for data stored on your WFU-owned computer.
What are the benefits of CrashPlan?
- It protects your data from hardware failures, malware, viruses, etc.
- It backs up your data automatically, every 15 minutes. CrashPlan runs silently in the background.
- You can restore data quickly and easily to a previous point in time, or restore your data to a different computer.
- It backs up your user profile folder which contains the default storage location of your documents, music, photos, etc.
- It allows you to load your data to your new computer after a faculty/staff exchange.
What do I need to do?
- When installation is complete, you will see an icon appear on your system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
- For Windows users, your data will start backing up automatically. You don’t need to do anything.
- For Mac users, to initiate the backup process, click on the icon and login with your WFU username and password. Once logged in, your data will start backing up.