Fellow students have recently reported receiving phishing emails offering opportunities for employment or Honor Society membership. Some of these emails even appear to come from a wfu.edu email address. Scammers know we are particularly vulnerable as we continue to navigate remote learning, so we need to be extra vigilant in protecting ourselves and our personal information.
Do not become a phishing victim:
- Verify the email address of the sender.
- Never provide your personal information in response to emails.
- Never send money for an employment opportunity or to join an honor society, including in the form of gift cards.
- View your Wake Forest email in the Gmail web interface or Gmail app on your mobile device to leverage warning banners across suspicious messages.
Want to learn more about phishing emails and how to protect yourself?
- Register for a Computer and Information Security Essentials Class
If you have questions concerning this message or need assistance, please contact the Information Security team at email@example.com.