Google is rolling out Google Workspace, a rebranded and enhanced version of G Suite. Google Workspace includes all of the productivity apps! In the coming weeks, you will see new four-color icons for Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Meet, and the collaborative content creation tools like Docs, Sheets, Slides that are part of the same family.
In addition to the rebranding component, Google Workspace provides deeper integration between products so you can:
- preview a linked file without having to open a new tab—which means less time spent moving between apps
- see people in Docs, Sheets, and Slides via Meet. This is especially useful when collaborating on a document. Now you’ll be able to see those valuable nonverbal cues that come with actually seeing someone’s face.
- @mention someone in a document, and a smart chip will show contact details, provide context, and even suggest actions like reaching out via email, chat or video.
- see when your Google Chat direct messages have been seen
- connect with others using guest access features in Chat and Drive, and dynamically create and collaborate on a document with guests in a Chat room. This makes it easy to share content and directly work together with those outside the university, and ensure that everyone has access and visibility to the same information.
As with many Google features, these enhancements will be rolled out in a phased approach.