Limited Video Recording Service for Reynolda Campus
This limited service provides College faculty with video recordings for face-to-face classes in unique circumstances. It is intended to capture in-class events that convey specific concepts that are most effectively taught through visual and audio means. Examples of the intended use of this service might include:
- A science experiment where the visual and audio nature of the event is the best way to convey all aspects (chemical reaction, biology dissection, etc.)
- A rare event/occurrence that is vital for student learning and best conveyed through a visual and audio method.
How It Works
- Staff member arrives at the classroom and sets up prior to the class event.
- Recording is started and the staff member leaves the classroom for duration, remaining nearby for troubleshooting but not in the room.
- At the end of the event recording, the staff member returns to the room, disassembles the equipment, and reminds the faculty member that they will receive a follow-up email within 3-4 business days.
- A staff member (service person or admin support) checks the video and trims for clean start and stop.
- Video is processed for auto transcription in Kaltura for delivery to the faculty member for their reference and opt-in to correct and have made into a caption file as a starting point.
- Academic Technologies will facilitate in getting any corrected transcripts secured to the video clip.
- A staff member shares the files via Google Drive with the instructor with a followup email and note on optional transcript correction and caption process.