The Wake Forest wired and wireless certificates are being renewed on August 14 and your attention is required.
What are certificates:
These certificates provide secure network access by identifying and encrypting your login credentials. In essence, they are digital passports, used to confirm that your device is connecting to an actual campus network and not an impostor.
What you need to do:
- Faculty, staff and students with Wake Forest University issued devices and/or those with personal devices may see a pop-up regarding trusting the certificate when connecting to the wireless and/or wired network. There is no security risk when this pop-up appears and you should accept the certificate to continue. The pop-up you see will be dependent on the operating system you are using. View the possible pop-ups here.
- If you do not accept the certificate, you will not be able to connect to the campus network. You will need to visit the IS Service Desk, located in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, for further assistance.
Apple – The newly announced Apple MacBook Pros are now available through the WakeWare program! Apple updated the processor/CPU, display, and keyboard in the 13″ w/ Touch Bar and 15″ models.
Dell – Due to a global part shortage, the upgraded Dell XPS 13 (i7 CPU) is currently unavailable for purchase. The standard Dell XPS 13 (i5 CPU) model and Dell XPS 2-in-1 (i5 and i7 CPU) are still available for purchasing online.
After many months of cross-campus partnership and collaboration, Workday is now available to campus. Workday replaces NOVAtime, Deacon Depot, Works, and many aspects of the WIN and Banner systems.
- Go to www.myworkday.com/wfu and bookmark the Workday site.
- Use the Sign in to Workday button on workday.wfu.edu.
- Launch Workday using the Google App Launcher while signed into your WFU Google mail.
- Download the Workday mobile app, available for iOS and Android.
- A comprehensive Workday Transition Guide is available.
- The Training and Support Worklet within Workday has links to Job Aids, Training (Online and In-Person), and more.
- Your local Workday Power User is your contact for questions about Workday and processes in your work area.
- The Workday Support Center has been created and staffed with HR, Finance, and Payroll experts. The Support Center is available at x5100, and can be reached during regular business hours.
- The Information Systems Service Desk is available to answer general Workday questions and to provide technical assistance.
Beginning Wednesday, June 27, Wake Forest University will have a new provider for cable television services, Apogee, replacing Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable). The selection of Apogee was the result of a routine contract renewal and included a campus-wide selection process with Information Systems, University Procurement, Residence Life and Housing, Athletics, and the graduate schools.
During the transition between providers, there may be intermittent disruptions throughout the day. Minor outages may also occur on June 28 as the distribution system is tuned for the new provider. Information Systems apologizes for any inconvenience these disruptions may cause.
New channel lineup
The updated system provides a new, enlarged selection of channels, including many digital, premium, and music choice options. Visit the new channel lineup.
Synchronize the channels with your television
Televisions will lose synchronization with the old channel lineup and may show a static or a blank screen after the update. Follow these step-by-step instructions to restore the connection between your television and the campus cable television network.
Beginning Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 29, the Learning Spaces Committee is hosting a demonstration of classroom furniture in Worrell 0173. The room will be open from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Representatives from Hayden Design will be available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. to answer your questions.
The Learning Spaces Committee would like to identify three to four design packages to establish standard classroom design options so your feedback is critical. Please complete the feedback form at the demonstration and/or feel free to contact Brent Babb, Assistant Director of IT Infrastructure, with questions and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Saturday, June 16, 2018, at 6:00 a.m. through noon, DeaconSpace, the online space scheduling software, will be unavailable.
If you have trouble with DeaconSpace immediately after the upgrade, we recommend that you logout of Google by clicking on this link, closing your web browser, and finally opening DeaconSpace again.
Check out the following deals, and read more about 2018 WakeWare Summer Promotions:
Apple – Get a free pair of Beats headphones with the purchase of a WakeWare MacBook Pro. Promotion ends 9/25/18.
Dell – $100 Rebate on laptops purchased between 5/1/2018 and 10/15/2018
Information Systems is pleased to announce the addition of Statuspage to the IS website.
Whether it’s a server issue, bug in production, or scheduled maintenance, downtime may happen. Statuspage provides a way to get in front of incident communication so IS can focus on fixing the problem at hand.
Statuspage is displayed in the top menu of the IS website and is available at status.is.wfu.edu.
Simply click on the icon to view a detailed description of an incident. Additionally, our campus community can choose to opt into real-time outage and scheduled maintenance alerts via a simple sign up.